1 Large Head of Green Cabbage
3 Tablespoons Garlic (Minced)
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil
- Slice cabbage into 1 inch thick circular disks
- Using a butter knife, generously spread oil onto each cabbage steak on both sides
- Lay oiled steaks on baking sheet
- Top each steak with the minced garlic and sprinkle them with salt and pepper
- Roast steaks for 15 minutes then carefully rotate and roast 15 more minutes
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 ripe Avocados*
1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
3 cloves Garlic
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
2 tbs Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp salt*
*I used the large hass avocados
*I used coarse Himalayan pink salt. I like the taste better; however, sea salt will work just as well
1. Using a food processor, finely chop avocados, basil, garlic, nuts, lemon juice, and salt.
2. While the processor is still chopping, add a slow, steady stream of olive oil until you achieve a creamed, emulsified consistency.*
* The final consistency should resemble that of a thick whipped cream or mouse.
* For the perfect grain-free/ gluten-free meal, top a bed of sautéed zucchini noodles or baked spaghetti squash with this pesto. You could even make a pesto pizza. I have made a delicious pesto pizza, and I will have the recipe uploaded shortly. Stay tuned!
12 Large Carrots*
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop carrots into 1/2 – 3/4 inch pieces
- In 9.5 inch glass pie pan, toss the carrots in melted coconut oil and cinnamon
- Roast 10 minutes then toss and roast an additional 10 minutes; until tender when poked with a fork
*To minimize prep time, purchase bagged baby carrots. Then you won’t have to chop the large carrots into smaller pieces.
1.5 cup sweet potato puree*
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons almond butter (Homemade Almond Butter)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees to preheat and grease a 9in X 5in loaf pan
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and sweet potato
- Mixing thoroughly, incorporate the almond butter and coconut oil
- Stir in the cinnamon
- Pour bread mixture into greased pan
- sprinkle some cinnamon over the top of the loaf for garnish
- In heated oven, bake loaf for 30 minutes or until it is set
*To lower costs, cook your own sweet potato instead of buying canned puree. Check out this link to learn how to bake the perfect sweet potato: How to Bake a Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- With a fork, pierce the potatoes all over
- Oil sweet potatoes with a generous amount of oil
- Using foil, wrap each potato
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until the potatoes are soft when squeezed
- To open, use a sharp knife to cut a line down the center of each sweet potato, squeeze the ends and slightly push ends together.
*I use coconut oil because it has a high smoke point. Therefore, the 400 degree temperatures in the oven will not cause the oil to oxidize and release free radicals.
4oz Organic Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 tps Italian Seasoning
1/3 cup Tomato Sauce
1. Grate cheese and chop toppings.
2. Coat an 8″ skillet with a thin layer of olive oil.
3. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the base of pan
4. Add seasoning and toppings
5. Cook over medium heat until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown around the edges.
6. To set the crispiness of the crust, allow it to cool.
7. Dip in sauce and ENJOY!!!!!
-Emma 🙂 from OwlWrite
Insta: @03_emma, @healthaddict97, @artsy_to_the_bone