1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/3 cup Cashew Milk*
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1-2 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Butter or Coconut Oil for cooking
- With one medium bowl and one small bowl, separate egg whites from the yolks. Place the whites in the small bowl and the yolks in the medium bowl. Put small bowl with whites aside.
- In the medium sized bowl, mix the melted coconut oil and honey with the separated yolks.
- Add the cashew milk and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Incorporate the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Note, do not over mix or beat because you want to preserve the bubbles that the baking soda will create. These bubbles help your pancakes rise and be fluffy.
- Remembering the egg whites in the small bowl, whip the whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whites into the batter.
- On a hot griddle or pan, melt some butter or oil to coat your cooking surface. This will prevent your pancakes from sticking.
- Pour batter onto the hot cooking surface. I used a tablespoon to measure the perfect sized pancakes. Once the batter was on the surface, I spread them into a nicely round shape which were about 1/4 inch thick. Cook pancake 3 minutes or until golden on each side.
- ENJOY! Drizzle some homemade chocolate syrup over the top for the MOST DELICIOUS pancakes!
*I use Silk’s Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk. Other milks will work as well. For example, you could use almond, coconut, hemp, or whole milk. While you may change the milk, each may change the flavor slightly. I chose cashew milk because I found it to be the creamiest plant-based milk.