1 1/4 cups Whole Milk*
1 1/4 cups Cream*
2 1/2 tbsp Raw, Organic Honey
1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Vanilla Bean
1 tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
* For the milk and cream, I used my family’s raw milk from our dairy cows. However, I am sure store bought milk will work just as well. I recommend using whole milk. You may use whipping cream or heavy cream, but keep in mind that the heavy cream should not be over-churned. Your result maybe vanilla butter instead of ice-cream. In addition, heavy cream may mask the vanilla flavoring a bit.
- To expose the inner seeds/beans of the whole vanilla bean, cut the bean down the center lengthwise. Scrap inner beans away from the outer husk, and place into medium mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and cream, and whisk to combine. Make sure the beans are evenly dispersed in the mixture meaning no clusters of beans remain.
- Whisk in extract and flavoring
- Pour into ice-cream maker, and follow the instructs for your device.*
* I used Cuisinart’s ice-cream maker. I allowed the maker to run for about 30 minutes. Your machine may function differently; therefore, refer to your device’s user manual.
* I enjoyed mine by making Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches. Check out the recipe linked, so you may satisfy your sweet tooth while being healthy!