2 cups Walnuts
2 1/2 cups Medjool Dates*
1 cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup Raw Almonds (chopped)
1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (coarse)
*You may need extra dates if your mixture is not sticky enough to hold together to form balls. Also, you may need extra to use to sweeten if their taste is too bitter.
- Chop almonds* and place to the side
- Process walnuts until they are finely ground*
- Add cocoa powder and salt and pulse until combined
- Blend dates one at a time into walnut, salt, and cocoa mixture. Your end product should be cake like crumbs that will stick when pressed into balls. If they are not sticky enough, add more dates which will also add sweetness in case the chocolate is too bitter.
- In a large bowl, stir almonds and cocoa mixture together.
- Press mixture into balls, place on parchment lined cookie sheet, and freeze.
*I used a Cuisinart to chop my almonds
*Whenever you need an energy boost, grab your tasty creations. They are perfect for when you are in a rush. These energy bites provide you with an extra boost because they are high in carbohydrates from the dates. The salt will help replenish your electrolytes after sweating. The walnuts and almonds will give you the needed protein to help muscle development.