Makes: 24; 2in X 2in brownies
2 cups almond butter*
3 large eggs
1 cup honey*
1 tbs vanilla extract*
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 large banana*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend almond butter and eggs in a large bowl until a smooth batter forms
- Mixing well, incorporate the honey and vanilla into the almond, egg mixture
- Add the salt and baking soda
- Slowly sprinkle the cocoa powder into the bowl (sprinkle some powder into batter, stir well, and continue process until all the cocoa powder has been used.)
- In a small bowl, fully mash the banana using a fork
- Fold banana into the chocolate batter
- Using coconut oil, grease a glass, 13X9 inch baking pan
- Pour brownie batter into the greased dish
- On the middle oven rack, bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the brownies and be removed without any batter on the toothpick
*If you need almond butter, you can easily make it yourself. Check out my previous posts to find out how to make your own.
*Honey packs more nutrients when it’s raw and organic; therefore, I recommend to bake your brownies with it. Local honey also helps with allergies, so that would be even better!
*If you’re avoiding cane sugar, check the ingredients list on your vanilla extract. Brands often add cane sugar to their products.
*For optimal sweetness, use the ripest banana you can find.