Prep Time: 5 minutes
Make Time: 30 minutes (may differ depending on ice cream maker used)
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 cup Whole Milk
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Raw Honey
1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Peppermint Flavor
1/2 tsp Vanilla Flavor
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour into ice-cream maker, and follow the instructs for your device.
* I enjoyed mine by adding chocolate chips. Since I follow a sugar-free, paleo diet, I used Lily’s mini chocolate chip brand. However, you may add whatever you desire. It’s your ice cream, so accent it with anything.
Makes 6 muffins
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt*
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Lemon Zest
1/4 cup Coconut oil (melted)
2 tsp Poppy Seeds*
* You may use sea salt instead of Himalayan pink salt; however, I recommend the pink salt because I prefer its flavor.
* You may use chia seeds instead of poppy seeds if you prefer.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F to preheat.
- To combine, whisk coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a mixer, thoroughly blend the dry mixture with the eggs, syrup, extract, juice, and zest.
- With mixer is on the low setting, slowly pour the coconut oil into the mixture. Blend well.
- Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- In heated oven, bake 21-25 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test or until the center springs back went touched.
- Allow the baked muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Muffins taste the best when consumed within 3 days. You may seal your muffins in an airtight container and store for 3 days or freeze for 3 months.