2/3 cups Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Xylitol
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
1 cup Blueberries*
* You may use frozen or fresh blueberries. Keep in mind, however, that the frozen blueberries will turn your batter slightly blue.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F to preheat.
- Whisk dry ingredients (coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and Xylitol) in a medium sized bowl.
- With a mixer, blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, and vanilla) until well blended.
- Setting the mixer on low, pour in the melted coconut oil slowly and blend thoroughly.
- Add blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Fill twelve paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until they pass the tooth pick test or until the center springs back to the touch. The tops should be golden brown.
- For garnish and an extra crunch, sprinkle Xylitol over your hot muffins.
- Let your hot muffins cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
These muffins store well for about 3 days in an airtight container. You may freeze them up to 3 months.