Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the almond butter, baking soda, and coconut sugar into the beaten egg.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie/baking sheet.Use a tablespoon to make the dough balls the perfect size. After spacing the balls well apart, the baking sheet should hold twelve.
- Using a spoon, slightly flatten the dough balls to a thickness of approximately half an inch. You may reshape the squished dough for a more aesthetically pleasing finished product.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and do not over -bake. The cookies will look and feel underdone; however, the baked cookies will become firm once cooled.
- Once the cookies have cooled and firmed on the baking sheet for a few minutes, move the cookies to a plate or plater for serving.
- When I made my cookies, I made my own almond butter. Refer to my later posts to learn how to make your own.
- In my recipe, I used “blonde” coconut sugar; however, I believe coconut sugar in any form would be substantial.
- To satisfy the Paleo diet, I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate baking chips. Stevia sweetens Lily’s chocolate chips and are 55% cocoa, vegan, and non-GMO.
-Emma 🙂 from OwlWrite
Insta: @03_emma, @healthaddict97, @artsy_to_the_bone